Our recent report on super-commuters has struck a chord across the country, making the news in a variety of places:
– Businessweek, Bloomberg, Toronto Globe & Mail and Atlantic Cities, among others, covered the growing trend of longer commutes.
– WNYC’s Transportation Nation featured a map of air commuters to New York City.
– USA Today discussed the number one super-commute corridor, between Tucson and Phoenix.
– The St. Louis Post-Dispatch featured a law professor who commutes weekly from Chicago to St. Louis.
– The Houston Chronicle saw the report as a call for more transportation options in the region.
This roundup is only some of the coverage shown here. What’s most telling is the broad reach of people affected by this growing trend, and how it affects local economies, commuters’ families, and the shrinking importance of in-office time.