Advanced Professional Certificate in Health Finance
This graduate-level certificate offers knowledge and skills for financial managers in healthcare organizations. This certificate will allow you to conduct financial analysis, understand issues of budgeting, cost determination, pricing and rate setting in a healthcare environment. It also provides a solid understanding of the economic principles in the context of the field of health care.
Students must complete 16 credits to obtain this Certificate (courses are 4 credits unless otherwise noted).
Students must complete or waive the following courses:
- CORE-GP 1021 Financial Management for Public, Nonprofit, and Health Organizations
- CORE-GP 1018 Microeconomics for Public Management, Planning, and Policy Analysis
- CORE-GP 1011 Statistical Methods for Public, Nonprofit, and Health Management
Students can choose electives from the following list of courses:
- HPAM-GP 4840 Financial Management for Health Care Organizations I: Financial Management and Budgeting
- HPAM-GP 4841 Financial Management for Health Care Organizations II: Capital Financing and Advanced Issues
- HPAM-GP 4830 Health Economics: Principles
- HPAM-GP 2845 Advanced Health Care Payment Systems
- PADM-GP 4142 Tools for Managing Nonprofits: Compliance, Internal Control, Ethics
- HPAM-GP 2855 Budgeting for Health Professionals
Sonia Ospina | How does leadership happen?Leadership.
Paul C. Light: What is a government ill-executed?Politics.
Joe Magee | How does power shape our perception?Politics.
A Window on WagnerOverview.