Advanced Professional Certificate in Health Policy Analysis
NYU Wagner's Health Policy and Management program has been recognized as one of the best in the country. We draw from this program to bring you this graduate-level certificate, offering analytical skills for professionals in health policy. This certificate will allow you to evaluate programs and policies, conduct high-level statistical analysis, and explore current issues in health policy.
The curriculum offers an opportunity for students to hone their quantitative analysis skills through a series of statistics and evaluation courses which must be taken in sequence.
Students must complete 15 credits to obtain this Certificate (courses are 3 credits unless noted)..
Students must complete the following courses:
- HPAM-GP 2836 Current Issues in Health Policy
- PADM-GP 2171 Program Analysis and Evaluation
- PADM-GP 2902 Multiple Regression and Introduction to Econometrics
- PADM-GP 2875 Estimating Impacts in Policy Research
Constrained Elective Course:
Students choose 3 credits of coursework from the following:
- HPAM-GP 1830 Introduction to Health Policy and Management
- HPAM-GP 2852 Comparative Health Systems
- HPAM-GP 4830 Health Economics: Principles (1.5 credits)
- HPAM-GP 4831 Health Economics: Topics in Domestic Health Policy or HPAM-GP 4832 Health Economics: Topics in International Health Policy
Students must waive the following courses if they are prerequisites to any of the above elective courses a student wishes to take toward the certificate. If students are unable to waive the course(s), only one course from the list below may count toward the certificate and other courses would need to be completed in addition to the certificate.
Summer Internships Around the WorldCareers.
Leanna Stiefel | Why do immigrant children perform better in school?Education.
Joe Magee | How does power shape our perception?Politics.
Sonia Ospina | How does leadership happen?Leadership.
Paul C. Light: What is a government ill-executed?Governance.