Advanced Professional Certificate in Management for Public and Nonprofit Organizations
NYU Wagner draws from its highly ranked Management specialization for the Advanced Professional Certificate in Management for Public and Nonprofit Organizations. This graduate-level certificate offers knowledge and skills related all aspects of management for public and nonprofit organizations, including strategy and decision-making, marketing, and system analysis. It is designed specifically for students who have worked in nonprofit and public organizations, but seek to deepen their training in the business aspects of running an organization.
Students must complete 12 credits to obtain this Certificate (courses are 3 credits unless otherwise noted).
Students must complete, or waive, the following course:
CORE-GP 1020 Managing Public Service Organizations
Students must choose electives for the certificate from the following list of courses. One three-credit Wagner elective course from another area of specialization may be substituted.
- PADM-GP 2110 Strategic Management
- PADM-GP 2119 Marketing for Nonprofit Organizations
- PADM-GP 2125 Foundations of Nonprofit Management
- PADM-GP 4142 Tools for Managing Nonprofits: Compliance, Internal Controls and Ethics (1.5 credits)
- PADM-GP 4101 Conflict Management and Negotiation (1.5 credits)
- PADM-GP 4108 Advanced Negotiation and Mediation Skills (1.5 credits)
Why Do Immigrant Children Perform Better in School?Education.
How Does Leadership Happen?Leadership.
What is a Government Ill-Executed?Governance.
The Ellen Schall Experience Fund: Summer Internships WorldwideCareers.
How Does Power Shape Our Perception?Politics.