John C. Billings
Robert F. Wagner Graduate School of Public Service
40 West 4th Street, Room 608
New York, NY 10012
Phone: (212) 998-7455
Phone: (212) 995-4162
- J.D., University of California, Berkeley (Boalt Hall), 1973.
- A.B. Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island, 1969.
Professor Billings' area of specialization is health policy.
- P11.2836, Current Issues in Health Policy
Dr. Billings is director of the Center for Health and Public Service Research. Projects at CHPSR have involved a broad range of issues including access to care, care for the homeless, the complex problems related to care HIV/AIDS patients, homeless populations, health manpower allocation, efforts to improve immunization, and other urban health care problems. Dr. Billings is currently the principal investigator on a project funded by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation to assess models for delivering primary care to low income populations and is co-principal investigator on an effort with Columbia University and the United Hospital Fund of New York to evaluate the impact of Medicaid managed care in New York City.
Click here for a database of Professor Billing's publications dating back to 1995.
- Publications before 1995:
- Impact of Socioeconomic Status on Hospital use in New York City, Health Affairs, Spring 1993: 162-173 (Co-authors L. Zeitel and J. Lukomnik et.al.)
- Health Profiles of New York City Communities, Journal of Ambulatory Care Management, 15, October 1992: 63-76 (Co-authors S. Newman and A. Blank)
- Uninsured Patients in the District of Columbia, Health Affairs, Winter 1990: 158-165 (Co-author N. Teicholz)
- President, Foundation for Informed Medical Decision Making
- Member, Institute of Medicine Committee on the Changing Market, Managed Care and the Future Viability of Safety Net Providers