Service Level Agreements - A Tool for Negotiating and Sustaining Information Technology Performance
Performance Improvement in Health Systems. Edited by Langabeer II, James R. Chicago: Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (Chicago: HIMSS).
Scalzi, G. & Kropf, R.
A comprehensive and concise guide to performance improvement in healthcare, Performance Improvement in Hospitals and Health Systems describes the management engineering principles focused on designing optimal management and information systems and processes. The book covers topics such as:
- Key terminology and concepts in PI
- Scope, value and management of performance improvement projects
- Developing and leading performance improvement departments
- Simulation methods in patient flow
- Understanding cost and quality relationships
- Six Sigma and Lean in healthcare
- Data mining methods for process improvment
- Integrating nursing/clinical staff with performance improvement
- Evaluation and selection criteria for projects
- Decision support systems
Written for management engineers, performance improvement professionals, quality managers and internal consultants who use a combination of methods to improve systems and processes, this book has timely, practical and actionable information and valuable insights into improving the healthcare environment.