Expertise in Health Care Abroad
The International specialization in the Health Policy and Management Program provides the skills for students to become professionals who work in other countries and cultures.
Specifically, this specialization:
- Promotes an understanding of how health institutional structures and managerial processes vary around the world.
- Provides a comparative interdisciplinary foundation that bridges cutting-edge conceptual thinking, critical analytical techniques and concrete health management skills.
- Facilitates an ability to appreciate and respond to the critical challenges of implementing complex health policies and programs in varying contexts.
Required International Core Courses
Students Must Take One of the Following Courses
- PADM-GP 2171, Program Analysis and Evaluation
- PADM-GP 2902, Multiple Regression and Introduction to Econometrics
- HPAM-GP 4833, Health Care Mgt I: Control and Organizational Design
Students Must Take Two of the Following Courses
PADM-GP 2171, Program Analysis and Evaluation
PADM-GP 2203, International Econ Development: Gov't, Mkts, Communities
HPAM-GP 2242, International Health Policy and Prospects
HPAM-GP 2244, Global Health Governance and Management
PADM-GP 2411, Policy Formation and Analysis
URPL-GP 2665, Decentralized Development Planning in Developing Countries
URPL-GP 2666, Water Sourcing and Climate Change
HPAM-GP 2836, Current Issues in Health Policy
HPAM-GP 2852, Comparative Health Systems
HPAM-GP 2867, Health Care Reform: Comparative Perspectives
PADM-GP 2875, Estimating Impacts in Policy Research
All Capstone projects begin in the Fall and are completed at the end of the Spring semester. Full-time students who begin in the Spring semester typically need 2½ years to complete their degree.
CAP-GP 3226/27, Capstone: Advanced Project in International Policy, Management, Finance & Planning (International Policy and Management section with Health focus)
For the most current information about Capstone sections and pre-requisites, go to http://wagner.nyu.edu/capstone/students