Applying for the Fellowship for Emerging Leaders in Public Service
Thank you for your interest in NYU Wagner's Fellowship for Emerging Leaders in Public Service. The application for the 2014 Class will be available online in summer 2013.
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com.
Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Applicants must be recent graduates from an undergraduate institution. We expect a range of applicants, and there is no specific age limit, but most will have graduated from their undergraduate institutions (regardless of graduate work) in approximately the last two to five years.
- Most applicants will not have attended graduate school prior to the fellowship, but are still deciding between professional programs. Applicants must be employed full-time in a public service position in the New York City Area at the time of application, and must stay in a public service position throughout the fellowship. Internships and part-time positions do not meet this requirement.
- Applicants must not be currently participating in another significant fellowship program.
- Applicants must commit to attending the mandatory day-long Orientation on November 10, 2012, as well as twice-monthly evening sessions, to start around 5:45pm. Applicants must also be willing to make the time commitment to meet all deadlines and complete all assignments including reading and writing exercises (approximately two hours per week in addition to the sessions) as part of exploring public service and charting a five-year career path with the guidance of FELPS staff and advisors.
There is a $500 program fee to participate in the fellowship.
We suggest that each fellow contribute $200 and her/his organization contribute $300 as part of supporting her/his professional development, but that is up to the discretion of the individual and organization; each fellow is ultimately responsible for the $500 payment.
Payments can be made via check or credit card, and payment information will be included as part of the acceptance packet for those who are selected for the program. The program fee must be received in full by October 31, 2012 for Fellows to participate.
NYU Wagner and the Research Center for Leadership in Action subsidize the bulk of the program cost for each Fellowship, which would normally cost a few thousand dollars. We are unable to offer scholarships or payment plans.
Selection of Fellows is based on the following criteria:
- A demonstrated commitment to public service through relevant work and volunteer experience
- Experience of, and/or potential for, advanced leadership
- Academic achievement
- Diversity of racial, ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds, public service organizations, and interests
Find answers to Frequently Asked Questions here.
We encourage you to review all pages about the fellowship on the Web site closely. If you still have a question, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Unfortunately, we cannot accept phone calls but will respond quickly via email.