- Popular Education. El Hadidy, Waad, Sonia Ospina, and Amparo Hofmann-Pinilla. Political and Civic Leadership: A Reference Handbook, Richard A. Couto, Editor. (2010).
- The Behavioral Dimension of Governing Interorganizational Goal-Directed Networks--Managing the Unity-Diversity Tension
Saz-Carranza, Angel and Sonia M. Ospina. Journal of Public Administration Research and Theory (2010).
- A critical review of race and ethnicity in the leadership literature: Surfacing context, power and the collective dimensions of leadership
Ospina, Sonia and Erica Gabrielle Foldy. Leadership Quarterly Yearly Review of Leadership. Vol. 20, (2009), 876-896.
- Weaving Color Lines: Race, Ethnicity, and the Work of Leadership in Social Change Organizations
Ospina, Sonia and Celina Su. Leadership (2009) 5; 131.
- Power, Safety and Learning in Racially Diverse Groups
Foldy, Erica Gabrielle, Peter Rivard, and Tamara R. Buckley. Academy of Management Learning and Education (2009) Vol. 8, No. 1, 25–41.
- Sensegiving and the Role of Cognitive Shifts in the Work Leadership
Foldy, Erica Gabrielle, Laurie Goldman, and Sonia M. Ospina. The Leadership Quarterly 19 (2008) 514-529.
- Cooperative Inquiry for Learning and Connectedness
Ospina, Sonia M., Waad El Hadidy, and Amparo Hofmann-Pinilla. Action Learning: Research and Practice (2008).
- Possibilities for Income-deprived but Capability-rich Communities in Egypt.
El Hadidy, Waad. From Clients to Citizens: Communities Changing the Course of Their Own Development. Practical Action Publishing (2008) 13-37.
- A Constructionist Lens on Leadership: Charting New Territory.
Ospina, Sonia and Georgia Sorenson. The Quest for a General Theory of Leadership (2006) 188-204.
- Narrative Inquiry and the Search for Connectedness: Practitioners and Academics Developing Public Administration Scholarship
Ospina, Sonia, and Jennifer Dodge. Public Administration Review 65:4 (2005).
- Integrating Rigor and Relevance in Public Administration Scholarship: The Contribution of Narrative Inquiry
Dodge, Jennifer, Sonia M. Ospina, and Erica Gabrielle Foldy. Public Administration Review 65:3 (2005) 286-300.
- It's About Time: Catching Method Up to Meaning - The Usefulness of Narrative Inquiry in Public Administration Research
Ospina, Sonia M., and Jennifer Dodge. Public Administration Review 65:2 (2005) 143-157.
- From Consent to Mutual Inquiry: Balancing Democracy and Authority in Action Research
Ospina, Sonia, Jennifer Dodge, Bethany Godsoe, Joan Minieri, Salvador Reza and Ellen Schall. Action Research 2:1 (2004) 47-69.
- Appreciative Narratives as Leadership Research: Matching Method to Lens
Schall, Ellen, Sonia Ospina, Bethany Godsoe, and Jennifer Dodge. Advances in Appreciative Inquiry Vol. 1 (2004) 147-170.
- Co-Producing Knowledge: Practitioners and Scholars Working Together to Understand Leadership
Ospina, Sonia, Ellen Schall, Bethany Godsoe and Jennifer Dodge. Building Leadership Bridges 2002. (2002) 59-67.
- Qualitative Research
Ospina, Sonia. Encyclopedia of Leadership. Thousand Oaks: Sage. (2004) 1279-1284.