Use the form below to search for documents in this web site containing specific words or combinations of words. The text search engine will display a weighted list of matching documents, with better matches shown first. Each list item is a link to a matching document; if the document has a title it will be shown, otherwise only the document's file name is displayed.
- AUTOMATIC "AND" QUERIES
- There is no need to include "and" between terms.
- "OR" SEARCHES
- To retrieve pages that include either word A or word B,
use an uppercase "OR" between terms.
- DOES CAPITALIZATION MATTER?
- NYU searches are not case sensitive.
- REFINING YOUR SEARCH
- Since the search engine only returns web pages
that contain all of the words in your query,
refining or narrowing your search is as
simple as adding more words to the search terms
you have already entered. The refined query
returns a specific subset of the pages that
were returned by your original broad query.
- EXCLUDING WORDS
- You can exclude a word from your search by
putting a minus sign ("-") immediately in
front of the term you want to exclude. Make sure
you include a space before the minus sign.
- USE QUOTES FOR PHRASE SEARCHES