The Global Social Change Leadership Institute brings together student leaders and recent college graduates from across the United States and around the world to develop the knowledge and skills to effectively advance social justice in their communities.
The Institute is offered by the Research Center for Leadership in Action, an academic center at New York University's Robert F. Wagner Graduate School for Public Service, a nationally top-ranked school for public affairs.
Participants learn from experienced public service professionals at the forefront of policy reform and advocacy, coalition building, direct service, and community organizing.
Through interactive workshops, participants evaluate their own leadership values and strengths, dialogue with other emerging leaders working in a variety of cultural and political contexts, and deepen their understanding of how to have an impact on current issues such as international development, migration policy, innovation in the arts, and work with youth.
Participants emerge from the intensive two-week institute with:
* A comprehensive understanding of the theory and practice of social change leadership and how social change practices transform communities.
* An understanding of cutting-edge research on leadership for a global era.
* An action plan for addressing a pressing issue in their school or community.
* A program certificate from the Research Center for Leadership in Action at NYU Wagner.
* Relationships with a broad network of committed advocates working on social justice issues.