Rudin Center Director a Panelist at New York State Department of Transportation Forum on Congestion
NYU Wagner Rudin Center Director Allison L. C. de Cerreño was one of the panelists at a New York State Department of Transportation (NYSDOT) Public Forum on Congestion and New York's transportation needs, held at the College of Staten Island on March 5, 2008. The session was one of several that have been held around the state to review NYSDOT's 20-Year Needs Assessment.
NYSDOT's Commissioner Astrid C. Glynn hosted the forum, focusing attention on the next authorization of the federal surface transportation bill. New York Metropolitan Transportation Council Executive Director Joel Ettinger followed with an assessment of local impacts. The panel session, moderated by NYSDOT Chief Engineer Robert Dennison, then focused on the urgent need to address congestion in the New York metropolitan area. In addition to Dr. C. de Cerreño, the panel session included the following speakers:
- Daniel Albert, President, Queens Independent Living Center
- Majora Carter, Executive Director, Sustainable South Bronx
- Cate Contino, Campaign Coordinator, NYPIRG Straphangers Campaign
- John Galgano, President, CommuterLink ride-matching service
- Josephine Infante, Executive Director, Hunts Point Economic Development Corporation
- James McGowan, Honorary Director, New York State division, Automobile Association of America
- Jonathan Peters, Associate Professor of Finance, College of Staten Island
- Sam Schwartz, NY Daily News columnist and president and CEO, Sam Schwartz PLLC.