Global Social Change Leadership Institute Application Deadline March 29
The Research Center for Leadership in Action has extended the application deadline for the Global Social Change Leadership Institute to noon EST on March 29, 2013.
The summer program brings together university and graduate students and recent college graduates from across the United States and around the world to New York City from July 7-19, 2013. They build the practical knowledge and skills to advance social justice in their communities, a strategic action plan and an international network of advocates for change.
The two-week Institute offers participants:
- Presentations by institute faculty who are established experts in areas including nonprofit management, framing and communications, community organizing, leadership, and policy;
- Hands-on, interactive workshops that offer opportunities for reflection, peer learning, team building and planning based on personal objectives and projects for change;
- A robust understanding of the nature and tasks of social change leadership and an action plan for addressing a pressing issue in their community;
- Site visits to nonprofit organizations, cultural sites and historic landmarks across New York City;
- A network of advocates committed to social justice; and
- A certificate of completion from the ResearchCenter for Leadership in Action at NYU Wagner.
Get more information about the program curriculum, tuition and scholarships.