STEP-BY-STEP REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS
Step 1: REVIEW DEGREE REQUIREMENTS
You may register for courses after reading each step in this Registration Guide. We encourage you to participate in a mandatory online Registration Advisement Webinar as soon as possible to gain a more comprehensive understanding of degree requirements as well as important tips on registration and planning your program.
For detailed information about your degree requirements including the Program Requirement Checksheet, please visit the Executive MPA program page.
EMPA Program Requirements
3 Core Courses:
- EXEC-GP 1194 Strategic Leadership
Note: You must take this course in your first fall semester.
- CORE-GP 1021 Financial Management
Note: You may take this course in your first semester, if possible.
- EXEC-GP 3190 Leadership Confronted
Note: You must take this course in your final spring semester.
Students in the Executive program may take up to two regular (non-EMPA) MPA school-wide core courses. Since Financial Management (CORE-GP 1021) is required for the Executive program, only one additional school-wide core course may be taken toward the Executive program degree requirements. For your reference the regular MPA school-wide core courses are listed below.
MPA School-wide Core Courses
- CORE-GP 1021 Financial Management for Public, Nonprofit, and Health Organizations
Required for the EMPA program
Note: You must also register for a Discussion section (CORE-GP 121).
- CORE-GP 1020 Management Public Service Organizations (MPSO)
Executive program students automatically waive this core course, and may therefore take any course that requires it as a prerequisite.
- CORE-GP 1011 Statistical Methods for Public, Nonprofit, and Health Management
Note: You must also register for a Lab section (CORE-GP 111).
- CORE-GP 1018 Microeconomics for Public Management, Planning, and Public Analysis
Note: You must also register for a Discussion section (CORE-GP 118).
- CORE-GP 1022 Introduction to Public Policy
Note: This course does not have a Discussion or Lab section and is not offered in the summer.
Next -- Step 2: Waive Core Courses