NYU students register for classes using Albert, NYU's online student information system. Students registering for the first time should see our Albert information page before attempting to register.
NYU graduate students from schools other than Wagner should use this form to request registration in Wagner courses.
Instructions for Registration on Albert
- Before you can register, you must know your NYU Net IDand create a password.
- Go to the NYU Home login page and log in using your NetID and password that you created.
- Click on the ACADEMICS tab at the upper right corner of the screen to bring up the academics screen which has the "Albert for Students" link on the left side.
- Click on "Student Login" link to log in to Albert.
- Click on "Register" under the "Registration" menu.
- Choose the Wagner Graduate School of Public Service from the drop-down menu.
- Select the appropriate semester of registration from the drop-down menu and click the "Submit" button.
- Follow the instructions provided.
Please refer to the NYU Registrar web site for detailed instructions about how to register using Albert. Click on theOnline Directory of Classes link on the Registrar site for the course schedule, as well as instructions on how to read and understand the codes used in the schedule. For example, in order to register for a course you will need to know its course number, section number, and call number. You may find it helpful to print out these instructions and keep them with you as you register.
Important Notes about the Registration Process
- Check Albert right before classes begin for updated course location or instructor information.
- Check Blackboard to see if your instructors have assigned pre-semester readings.
- Albert does not allow you to register for courses with overlapping schedules. If you get an overlap message that you believe is in error, contact Academic Services.
- See Courses for syllabi and course and instructor evaluations to use as a reference for selecting courses. (Only Wagner students, faculty and administrators with valid NYU IDs have access to course evaluations.)
- Important information on waitlists
- If you are attempting to drop one course and add another, we recommend using the Conditional Drop/Add function of Albert. With Conditional Drop/Add, Albert first checks for availability before dropping your original selection.