Specialization Declaration

MPA and MUP students are required to choose their specialization during the semester in which they complete their 12 credit. For full-time students, this is their first semester and for part-time students, it is usually their second semester.

To declare a specialization, complete the Specialization Declaration Form.


Change of Program

Students wishing to switch programs (for example, from Health Policy and Management to Public and Nonprofit Management and Policy) should reach out to the administrator of their intended program. Additionally, they must write up a memo explaining their rationale for the change and how the new program will better fit their academic and career objectives and send to wagner.studentservices@nyu.edu for review.

Individuals requesting a change of degree (for example, from MPA to MUP) must apply for admission to the new program.