This course is intended for graduate students interested in learning about the governance of non-profit organizations. The prerequisite for this course is CORE-GP.1020, Managing Public Service Organizations. At the end of the course, learners will understand:
1. Board structure, functions and composition.
2. The impact of the board on organizational/CEO performance.
3. Fiduciary, strategic, and generative governance.
4. Common problems and issues in non-profit governance.
5. How to assess interventions to improve board performance.
|Fall 2012||Anthony Kovner||Syllabus|
|Fall 2010||Anthony Kovner||Syllabus|
|Spring 2010||Anthony Kovner||Syllabus|
|Spring 2009||Anthony Kovner||Syllabus|
|Spring 2008||Anthony Kovner||Syllabus|