Recent & Upcoming Projects
In support of the publication of the Mission Investing study, thought leaders at the Initiative, the Michael & Susan Dell Foundation, and investee firms present their perspectives on concepts outlined in the case in a series of blog posts, available via the links below.
- MISSION Framework: What's NEXT? (December 20, 2018)
- MISSION Framework: The importance of Organization on impact (December 19, 2018)
- MISSION Framework: Impact investing for community returns (December 12, 2018)
- MISSION Framework: Sustainable businesses create sustainable impact (December 6, 2018)
- MISSION Framework: Growing momentum to achieve scale (August 15, 2018)
- Catalyzing markets to create impact in India by Geeta Goel, Country Director, India (April 23, 2018)
- MISSION Framework: Market-based solutions for social impact by Scott Taitel, Clinical Professor of Public Service and Director of Social Impact, Innovation & Investment at the NYU Wagner Graduate School of Public Service (May 2, 2018)
Student-Led Impact Investing Fund
In a joint project with the NYU Stern School of Business and NYU School of Law, students will develop, manage, and maintain an impact investing fund that aims to generate both financial and social returns.
Who Benefits? Symposium on Diversity and Inclusion in Social Finance
In partnership with the Ford Foundation, the Initiative hosted a day-long symposium that assessed the state of diversity and inclusion in impact investing in New York City, and defined an agenda for additional research, education, and advocacy to establish frameworks to fuel greater equity in social finance policy and practices. The symposium convened executive decision-makers from the social finance community.