BEFORE THE MEETING
- Confirm the stylus, remote control unit, wireless keyboard, and mouse are accessible in the conference room space. Clicker and HDMI cables are available from the frontdesk.
- Turn on the Smartboard using the power button in the bottom left corner.
- Turn on the wireless keyboard (with a built-in mouse pad) using the on/off button on the side of the keyboard .
DURING THE MEETING
Accessing Your Files
If you have a file to display on the Smartboard, you may access it through a web browser on the screen or insert a flash drive in the USB port of the computer (behind the screen, top left).
Using Whiteboard Mode
On bottom left of the screen, click to activate the whiteboard. (To protect the screen, use only the stylus—not your hand.)
Using Overlay Mode
On bottom left of the screen, click to activate the overlay mode, which allows you to use the stylus to write on the screen.
Use the stylus to press the arrow tab at the left or right side of the screen to expose menu options.
Saving Whiteboard Files
Click the “Save” disc icon from the exposed menus , and choose an option to save your file to the Smartboard.
AFTER THE MEETING
- Turn off the wireless keyboard.
- Turn off the Smartboard screen.
- Return all borrowed items to the frontdesk.
Troubleshooting a Blank Screen
- Ensure the computer (behind the screen, top left) is turned on. You should see a blue light.
- Press the “Input” button on the remote control, and confirm the screen is set to HDMI 1.
Troubleshooting Use of Your Computer
Using your computer is not recommended for basic presentations, as it disables all functionality of the Smartboard except the display of your desktop. If you need to use your computer, use HDMI 2 or VGA cables connected to the Smartboard, and select the corresponding input on the remote unit.