Step 2: Explore the Website
You're probably eager to choose classes for your first term, but before diving into the registration process, please take a little time to get oriented with Wagner's online Student Portal. Being able to navigate the website effectively will help you be successful here.
The Student Portal contains everything you'll need as a current student. You'll find key deadlines and links in the Announcement section, yellow buttons for frequently used links, and these tabs across the top of the page:
- Incoming Students - Work through the sections here as you prepare to begin your journey at Wagner. Notably, the Getting Started Checklist is your month-by-month guide to tasks you must complete before September. Orientation Activities (mandatory and optional) are highlighted in their own section. Other useful information about financial aid, housing, moving to New York, and studying on a visa can also be found here.
- Academics - You'll visit this tab again and again during your time at Wagner. It contains details about advisement, courses, academic support resources, degree requirements, and registration. This Getting Started Guide will begin to familiarize you with these pages in more depth.
- Policies - Here you'll find the Wagner Academic Code, as well as policies related to grading, academic progress, registration, refunds, and matriculation. As part of orientation, you will be asked to review all academic policies and certify that you understand them. That policies review process will give you a comprehensive summary of everything under the Policies tab.
- Engagement - This is your entry point for getting involved at Wagner as well as engaging with the community as part of our equity, diversity, and inclusion initiative.
- Careers - You'll find an abundance of professional resources here as well as information about the Wagner Career Directory.