2015-2016 Rudin Center Highlights
The Rudin Center has had a busy academic year so far producing events, original research, and engaging activities.
In the past year, the Rudin Center hosted a wide-variety of events, including speeches by:
- US Secretary of Transportation Anthony Foxx (July 2015)
- Senator Chuck Schumer (August 2015)
- NYC Council Member and Transportation Committee Chair Ydanis Rodriguez (October 2015)
To see more recent Rudin events, click here.
The Rudin Center analyzes transportation policy and management in New York City and beyond. The results of our analysis is often published as a report or publication on the Rudin Center site.
- Surprise! World Trade Center Rebuilding Pays Off for the Port Authority – And the Region (October 2015)
- Manhattan Moves, even with the Pope (September 2015)
Just last month, the Rudin Center hosted the first ever NYC Bus Hackathon in partnership with the MTA and supported by TransitCenter. A full review of the event can be read here.
Rudin Center reports and publications are often cited in news articles. Additionally, Rudin Center staff are frequently asked for comment on transportation issues. Included below are some examples of press coverage:
- Sarah Kaufman in Wired, "Google and the Feds Team Up to Build the City of the Future" (Link)
- Mitchell Moss in AMNY, "L train could face Manhattan-Brooklyn shutdowns in 2017" (Link)
- NYU Rudin Report in Politico New York, "NYU urban planners counter pope-visit gridlock predictions" (Link)
For more Rudin Center in the news click here.