Wanted: Research Assistants
The NYU Rudin Center for Transportation seeks enrolled or incoming graduate students to work as research assistants starting in fall 2015.
The Rudin Center for Transportation at NYU’s Wagner School aims to strengthen our understanding of all modes of transportation through research, public forums, and educational programs. Current areas of focus include: Information technology and transportation systems, inequality and access to employment, urban bike share systems and the future of supercommuting.
RAs are responsible for assisting in background research, data analysis, writing, event planning, and web content, depending on organizational needs.
Candidates do not need direct job experience, but should be interested in transportation in cities. RAs must work a minimum of 12 hours per week.
Interested applicants should exhibit 2-3 of these skills:
- Data analysis, terminology and applications
- Knowledge of or experience in transportation planning
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to communicate with variety of stakeholders
- Event planning and coordination
- Policy research
- PowerPoint/Keynote and presentation development
- GIS and spatial analytics, including ArcGIS
- Microsoft Excel
Please highlight relevant skills and your degree of proficiency in your resume or cover letter.
Interested candidates should email the required documents below as attachments to rudin [dot] center [at] nyu.edu with the subject line “RA Application.”
- Current resume
- Cover letter
- Writing sample (1-3 pages or URL)
- Portfolio of relevant web-based, design, programming, or data visualization work (not required)
New York University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.