Apply now: Emerging Leaders in Transportation Fellowship 2015
The Emerging Leaders in Transportation fellowship program aims to make transportation more efficient, effective and people-oriented through its stellar early-career employees.
In this competitive fellowship program, participants will learn from top transportation and management professionals to enhance leadership skills, communication techniques and policy work to bring innovative ideas into practice. During three half-day sessions, emerging leaders will build long-term leadership goals and will focus on developing innovative projects and ideas within an organization. Two additional sessions will include behind-the-scenes visits to major transportation facilities for hands-on learning about industry goals and challenges.
The program will take place over five half-days: October 21, 23, 28, 30 and November 4, subject to change slightly.
Session topics will include: leadership, innovation, communications, building support for innovation, practical applications.
Sessions will include talks from and with esteemed professionals and group discussions and exercises. Participants will be expected to complete assignments between sessions, and by the program’s conclusion, should have a plan to introduce an innovative solution or concept within their workplaces.
- June 15, 2015: Application period opens
- July 31: Applications due
- September 10: Fellowship class selection announcement
- The Emerging Fellows program is open to transportation professionals with up to 10 years of experience.
- There is no cost for participating in the program.
- Applicants are welcome from any location; however, we are unable to subsidize travel or lodging for participants.
- No AICP or other continuing education credit is available for this program.
If you have questions about this program, please email email@example.com.
View last year’s fellowship class here.
This program is supported by a grant from the University Transportation Research Center.
The application period is now closed. Thank you for your interest.