What We're Reading This Week
Today we host the first session of our Emerging Leaders in Transportation program at NYU Wagner; we're very excited to welcome this year's fellows and thankful for the participation of today's guest speakers Mary K. Murphy (North Jersey Transportation Planning Authority), Daniel Baer (Parsons Brinckerhoff), and William Carry (NYCDOT).
Transportation leadership goes hand-in-hand with keeping up on current news, so here's our weekly round-up:
- New York bus terminal plan could see vote this week
- San Francisco May Let Bicyclists Yield at Stop Signs
- Oslo aims to make city center car-free within four years
- China's Xiaomi Just Launched A $316 'Hoverboard'
- Elon Musk vents about California’s lane markings confusing Tesla’s autopilot
- Uber is mapping streets to improve their routes
- What’s The Most Common Street Name In America?
Tuesday, October 27, 2015- “THE SUBWAY MAP: THE LAST 50 YEARS, THE NEXT 50 YEARS” at The Cooper Union.
Wednesday, October 28, 2015- LEARNING FROM LONDON at NYU Wagner.
Monday, November 9, 2015- PERIPHERAL PROPOSALS : MODELS FOR COMMUTING FROM THE MARGINS at the Van Alen Institute.