What We're Reading This Week
We're back at it to share with you this week's roundup of transportation news and tech advancements, from driverless bus testing to Uber's expansion into on-demand courier services:
- Driverless Bus Testing Coming to Bay Area
- Why a taxi service could make the most sense for Google’s self-driving technology
- The Website That Visualizes Human Activity in Cities Across the World
- Lyft’s Search for a New Mode of Transport
- Behind the Failure of Leap Transit’s Gentrified Buses in San Francisco
- Why New York's Roads Are All Trucked Up
- The Delivery War Is On: Uber Expands Its On-Demand Courier Service
Plus, next week, we'll be welcoming our 2015 Emerging Leaders in Transportation fellows for our first session. Get to know the fellows here and stay tuned for highlights from this year's program.
And, be sure not to miss upcoming Rudin events!
Tuesday, October 27, 2015- “THE SUBWAY MAP: THE LAST 50 YEARS, THE NEXT 50 YEARS” at The Cooper Union.
Wednesday, October 28, 2015- LEARNING FROM LONDON at NYU Wagner. More details here.
Monday, November 9, 2015- PERIPHERAL PROPOSALS : MODELS FOR COMMUTING FROM THE MARGINS at the Van Alen Institute.
Photo by Eric Konon on Flickr.