What We're Reading this Week
It's been a trying week for transportation services in the New York City region and east coast cities in general as we dig out from the remnants of historic blizzard Jonas. While slogging through the slush puddles, we've been rounding-up this week's transportation news. Here's what we've been reading this week; stay tuned for a re-cap of transit shutdowns along the east coast to be posted next week!
- Cuomo budget leaves riders vulnerable to fare hikes, service cuts, advocates say
- The Urban Design Lesson Hidden in Blizzard 2016
- LIRR Raises Hopes — Only to Leave Them on Crowded Platforms
- Slush Puddles, the Scourge of New York Walkers
- Lyft Agrees to Settle Class-Action Lawsuit With California Drivers
- Uber ordered to pay €1.2m to French taxi union by court in Paris
- CartoDB Blog -- "Looking at the L"
- The Wreck of Amtrak 188: What caused the worst American rail disaster in decades?
Video of the week: Casey Neistat snowboards with the NYPD
Header photo by editrixie on Flickr.