What We're Reading This Week
The Rudin Center office is back from break--which means we're back to our weekly round-up of transportation news!
- Welcome to the Metastructure: The New Internet of Transportation
- G.M., Expecting Rapid Change, Invests $500 Million in Lyft
- Traffic deaths down 22 percent since launch of Vision Zero plan
- Self-driving buses will be a big part of the transit puzzle
- Report: Cabbies are Getting Nicer—and We Have Uber to Thank
- Nike to sponsor Portland's bike-share program, call it Biketown
- AND, heads up that the No Pants Subway Ride happens this weekend: 7 Things To Know Before Underwear-Clad Straphangers Take to the Subway
This week's video highlights excerpts from Dr. Anthony Townsend's talk—“Re-Programming Mobility 2030: Scenarios of Digital Transformation in Metropolitan America”—at Volpe’s Beyond Traffic speaker series on November 24, 2015.
Photo by Maximilian Goldmann on Flickr