NYU Rudin Center Hosts Transportation Startup Showcase
The NYU Rudin Center for Transportation hosted the first-ever Transportation Startup Showcase on Wednesday, October 25th, in celebration of innovation in the New York mobility sector. The event was held in conjunction with C2SMART Center’s Symposium on Connected and Autonomous Vehicles.
After opening remarks from Julie Samuels, the Executive Director of Tech:NYC, ten mobility startups pitched their ventures to an esteemed panel of industry leaders and an audience of transportation professionals:
- DART Technologies
The panelists responded to pitches with inquiries about business plans, data privacy and viability in the New York City transportation landscape. The panelists were:
- Emily Gallo, Chief of Staff at NYC Department of Transportation
- Ben Greene, a Manager of Strategic Initiatives at MTA New York City Transit
- Rachel Haot, the Executive Director of Transit Innovation Partnership
- Adrienne Schmoeker, the Director of Civic Engagement & Strategy for the Mayor’s Office of Data Analytics
- Andrew Shapiro, the Founder and Partner of Broadscale group
Following the event, the presenters, panelists, and attendees enjoyed a networking reception to foster connections between startups and established transportation organizations.