Applications Open: Emerging Leaders in Transportation Fellowship 2019
The Emerging Leaders in Transportation fellowship program aims to enhance the toolkit of early-career employees to make transportation more efficient, effective and people-oriented.
In this competitive fellowship program, participants will learn from top transportation and management professionals to enhance leadership skills, communication techniques and policy work to bring innovative ideas into practice.
The 2019 program will take place on December 6, 12 and 13 at New York University, and will include one off-site facility tour.
Apply here by September 9 at 11:59 p.m.
The agenda includes:
- Leadership sessions, where emerging leaders will collaborate on long-term leadership goals and developing innovative projects and ideas within an organization
- A behind-the-scenes visit to a major transportation facility for hands-on learning about industry goals and challenges
- A networking reception with Emerging Leaders alumni
Discussion topics will include: leadership, innovation, communications, building support for innovation, and practical applications. Sessions will include talks from and with esteemed professionals and group discussions and exercises. Participants will develop plans to introduce innovative solutions or concepts within their workplaces.
- July 31: Application period opens
- September 9, 11:59 p.m.: Applications due
- Mid-October: Selection notification
- December 6, 12 and 13: Fellowship program
- The Emerging Fellows program is open to current transportation professionals with up to 10 years of experience.
- There is no cost for participating in the program.
- Applicants are welcome from any location; however, we are unable to subsidize travel or lodging for participants.
- No AICP or other continuing education credit is available for this program.
- Previous applicants are welcome to re-apply. Past participants are ineligible.
- Students are welcome to apply; preference will be given to applicants with full-time work experience.
- Participants must be able to attend the entire program.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.
This program is supported by a grant from the C2SMART University Research Center.