Transportation Policy Is Climate Policy: Video
Sarah Kaufman, Interim Director, NYU Rudin Center for Transportation, moderated a conversation on the Biden-Harris administration’s historic investments in transportation, which not only will help combat climate change, but also will benefit historically marginalized communities. The October 18th, 2022 event was co-sponsored by NYU Wagner Graduate School of Public Service and The Century Foundation.
The conversation was followed by a panel discussion examining the ways in which policymakers can and are making meaningful progress towards a more connected, equitable, and sustainable future.
- Pete Buttigieg, U.S. secretary of transportation, in conversation with Aisha Balogun, urban planning student and vice chair for the Black Student Association, NYU
- Sherry Glied, Dean NYU Wagner Graduate School of Public Service
- Bradley Abelow, board chair, The Century Foundation
- Moderator: Sarah Kaufman, interim executive director, NYU Rudin Center for Transportation and adjunct associate professor of urban planning
- Peggy Shepard, co-founder and executive director of WE ACT for Environmental Justice
- Sonam Velani, founder and CEO, Streetlife Ventures