NYU Rudin Center hosts "Extreme Weather and Urban Mobility" Event
The NYU Rudin Center for Transportation hosted an engaging panel, Extreme Weather and Urban Mobility, on April 18th, 2023. The speakers were:
- Carlos Cruz-Casas, Chief Innovation Officer, Department of Transportation & Public Works, City of Miami
- Melinda Hanson, Founder, Brightside
- Kaan Ozbay, Director, C2SMART, Tandon School of Engineering, NYU
- Ryan Russo, Principal, Together Projects
- Sarah M. Kaufman (moderator), Interim Executive Director, Rudin Center for Transportation, NYU
The distinguished panelists discussed climate change mitigation and adaptation, urban planning lessons learned from natural and human-made disasters, technologies for modeling potential weather events, and the fate of vulnerable infrastructure.
Stay tuned for more events to be announced on the NYU Rudin Center website soon!