The Bohnett Fellowship, sponsored by the David Bohnett Foundation, allows outstanding masters students the opportunity to engage in the challenges of governing at the city level.
The Bohnett Fellowship Program provides a full tuition scholarship, a $5,000 summer stipend and internship opportunity for two incoming MPA or MUP students each academic year.
Bohnett Fellows network with mayors from across the country and Bohnett Fellows from other schools when they attend the annual winter meeting of the U.S. Conference of Mayors in Washington DC accompanied by a faculty. Fellows also participate in a summer internship at the highest levels of NYC government or in the Mayor's office of another US city through the US Conference of Mayors, which has an ongoing partnership with NYU Wagner.
- An explicit interest in working for municipal governments to solve our most urgent social issues
- An interest in social activism
- Highly articulate in both speaking and writing
How to Apply
- Submit your Fellowship Application Essay along with your online application to NYU Wagner. Fellowship applicants must also submit the one-minute video essay in order to be considered for fellows. Applications are due by the December 15 deadline.
- Those selected as fellowship semi-finalists will be invited to participate in Skype interviews in mid-to-late February 2017.
- Those selected as fellowship finalists will be invited for an in-person interview with the Selection Committee in New York City in early April 2017. Those finalists who cannot travel to New York will be able to interview via Skype. This panel of judges will be comprised of representatives from sponsoring organizations, faculty and NYU Wagner alumni.