Walk-In Hours and Scheduled Appointments
During Walk-In Hours and Scheduled Appointments, OCS advisors provide students and alumni with one-on-one career advice. Before meeting with a career advisor, be sure to review our "How To" Guides for helpful tips, tools and templates!
* Please note: The last Walk-In Hours for the Fall semester will be held on Tuesday 12/16 from 2-6pm. Also, there will be no Walk-In Hours on Thursday 12/11. Our first walk-in hours of the Spring 2015 semester will be held on Tuesday, February 3, 2015.
Scheduled Appointments (Offered year-round)
Career Counseling Appointments
Students and alumni can schedule appointments to:
- Explore career tracks and clarify career goals
- Assist in crafting a job search strategy
- Aid in creating a pitch
- Critique and improve resumes and cover letters
- Search for jobs and internships
- Prepare for interviews and conduct mock interviews
- Negotiate job offers
- And much more!
You can schedule a 30-45 minute appointment year-round by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are unable to be here in person, we can also meet with you via phone or Skype. Expedite your request by including your degree program and specialization, your preferred appointment times and a brief overview of the topic(s) you?d like to discuss.
Note: Advisement slots fill up quickly! Please contact us at least one week before your preferred appointment times.
Walk-In Hours (Offered only during the Fall and Spring semesters)
During these 10-15 minute sessions, career advisors are available to critique resumes and cover letters, provide quick tips on job searching and networking, provide access to Wag-Net, and explore other concrete or time-sensitive career issues. Walk-In Hours will be held in the Puck Building, 2nd Floor, OCS Resource Room every week during the following times:
Tuesdays 2-5 pm
Thursdays 4-7 pm
Walk-in sessions are conducted on a first-come first-served basis, and you can sign up in the OCS Resource Room (Puck Building, Rm. 2113).
Need to get your resume or cover letter reviewed in a rush? Visit the Wasserman Center's walk-in hours too!