The Pink Tax on Transportation: Women's Challenges in Mobility
The "Pink Tax," or the additional amount women are charged on products or services, is reflected in urban transportation. Based on a survey conducted by the NYU Rudin Center for Transportation of more than 600 New Yorkers, women must choose alternative, pricier modes to ensure their safety or to fulfill trips in which they are caretakers for others.
This event will include a presentation of survey results by Sarah M. Kaufman, Associate Director, NYU Rudin Center for Transportation. A panel discussion will explore efforts underway to mitigate women's transportation challenges in New York and identify policy solutions.
Confirmed panelists include:
- Helen Rosenthal, New York City Councilwoman and Chair, City Council Committee on Women [moderator]
- Sally Librera, Senior Vice President, Subways, MTA New York City Transit
- Brittany Kendrick, Co-Founder, Safer Together
- Christine Serdjenian Yearwood, Founder and CEO, UP-STAND
- Karla Gonzalez Carvajal, Leading Manager for Gender in Transport, World Bank