MPA IN PUBLIC & NONPROFIT MANAGEMENT & POLICY
How will you be making your impact in public service in five or ten years? It's almost impossible to say. The boundaries between roles and sectors are blurring—to be effective, you'll need a broad education and a firm grasp of how skills and ideas translate in different real-world contexts. With NYU Wagner's interdisciplinary MPA-PNP coursework in finance, policy, and management, and NYC as your urban laboratory, you'll be prepared to address the most pressing issues of our time in the many fields, sectors, and policy arenas that your career will span.
- Engaged and influential faculty members who encourage you to test the skills and ideas you develop in the classroom against your real-world professional experiences—and vice versa.
- Critical analytic skills and frameworks in management, finance, and policy that you'll need to successfully make an impact across sectors, fields, and policy arenas.
- A powerful community whose members can connect you to key organizations, contacts, and career opportunities worldwide.
- The option to pick electives by issue, as well as by specialization.
- Flexibility for full- or part-time students, with options to switch between the two. Earn your degree in two years full-time, or 3-4 years part-time.
Advocacy & Political Action
The Advocacy and Political Action specialization prepares you to magnify your impact and create meaningful change in the civic engagement, political, and advocacy arenas.
The Financial Management and Public Finance specialization prepares you for a finance career in the nonprofit, public, or private sector.
The International Development Policy and Management specialization prepares students with an interest in global public service work to confront the challenges of implementing complex public service policies and programs in different international contexts.
Management & Leadership
The specialization in Management and Leadership gives you the breadth and depth of skills you'll need to lead and manage organizations around the world.
Which policies are doing what they're designed to do, and which could do their job better? The Public Policy Analysis specialization gives you tools to make these evaluations and play a leading role in evaluating and creating policy that better serves the public good.
The Social Impact, Innovation, and Investment specialization blends financial management, impact investment, operations, and policy to prepare you to develop entrepreneurial solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges.
NYU Wagner's MPA degree, including its Public and Nonprofit Policy and Management Program, is accredited by the Network of Schools of Public Policy, Affairs, and Administration (NASPAA).