Master of Science in Public Policy (1-Year Program)
The MSPP will provide you with the skills you need to assess, create, and implement public policy that has a lasting impact on the public good. This accelerated, one-year program will prepare you for a career in policy analysis in a range of fields and sectors, from local housing policy to national health policy to international development—from New York City to cities around the globe.
Effective policy analysts need to possess skills in analysis, advanced quantitative methods, public management, and strategic communications. As a designated STEM-eligible program, the MSPP blends these areas so that you'll know how to gather, evaluate, interpret, and communicate data to design effective public policies.
Graduates will be prepared to hit the ground running as policy analysts at think tanks, nonprofit organizations, government agencies, foundations, and consulting firms.
- Accelerated and intensive one-year curriculum in policy analysis, quantitative methods, and communications skills.
- Professional internship linked to your coursework, testing classroom skills and ideas against real-world experiences.
- Tight-knit, collaborative cohort within a broader school of public service.
- A powerful community that connects you with key organizations, contacts, and career opportunities worldwide.
- A culminating studio project that uses data as the basis for an individual master's policy analysis brief.