Advanced Professional Certificate and Non-Degree Application Checklist
Please follow these steps to complete your application. If you have any questions, contact email@example.com.
SUBMIT YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION
Spring 2019 application deadline: October 5, 2018
Fall 2019 application deadline: May 1, 2019
The online application is due at 11:59pm Eastern Time on the deadline date. You may complete and submit your online application at any time before the deadline. Save your work before moving to the next page and print a copy for your own records. Please note that all required fields are marked with an asterisk (*).
Applicants are required to submit all parts of the application by the deadline. Incomplete applications are reviewed as-is.
Applications submitted after the published deadlines are reviewed at the discretion of the Graduate Admissions Committee.
Describe your reasons, as they relate to your profession, for attending NYU Wagner and pursuing a particular certificate course of study or completing one or more courses on a non-degree basis.
Please upload a resume or CV that includes your employment and professional history in reverse chronological order, with titles, dates, and whether you worked part-time or full-time. Your educational record should also be in reverse chronological order and should indicate dates of attendance and degree(s) earned. We encourage you to include information about the following additional activities:
- Volunteer, public service, political, and/or civic work you have done;
- Academic and professional honors, honorary societies, leadership and service awards;
- Other professional activities;
- Relevant publications; and/or
- Extracurricular activities.
Students entering an NYU Wagner master's program are required to hold a four-year bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in the U.S. or an equivalent degree from a foreign country.
If you submit your application prior to the conferral of your bachelor's degree or equivalent, we will accept and evaluate your application with the understanding that your degree completion is in progress. If an offer of admission is made, it will be contingent upon receiving your degree conferral prior to enrollment.
Transcripts submitted through the online application must meet the following criteria:
- Unofficial transcripts are required from all colleges or universities attended in which you earned grades and/or academic credits at the college-level, including undergraduate, study abroad, transfer credits, continuing education, etc.
- Uploaded files must be scanned copies of transcript(s) received from the college/university registrar OR electronic transcripts (such as those available through eSCRIP-SAFE, Parchment, and National Student Clearinghouse).
- Transcripts must show all courses taken, all credits earned, and all grades received.
- Transcripts must include your full legal name and the name of the college or university attended.
- Transcripts must be written in English.
- Word documents and HTML documents are not acceptable.
Transcripts for institutions located outside of the United States
If you received a graduate or undergraduate degree from an institution that is located outside of the United States, we recommend that you use a third party international credential evaluation service to assess U.S. bachelor’s equivalency and obtain a course-by-course evaluation of your grade point average. International credential evaluations are strongly recommended but are not required.
If submitting an international credential evaluation, remember to upload both your unofficial transcript from the degree-granting institution and a copy of your international credential evaluation report from an approved evaluation service. If you are submitting a paper copy or electronic copy of your evaluation report, please have the service send your evaluation to the following address: NYU Wagner Office of Admissions, 295 Lafayette Street, 2nd Floor, New York, NY, 10012 or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
An $85 application fee is required to process your application for admission.
Pay by credit card
When you arrive at the Application Status page after you submit your application, you will see the option to submit a credit card payment. Follow the instructions to complete your payment.
Pay by check or money order
Mail a check or money order in the amount of $85—payable to "New York University"—to NYU Wagner Admissions, 295 Lafayette Street 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10012.
Due to constraints relevant to US immigration regulations, applicants who will need an F-1 or J-1 student visa are not eligible to apply to certificate programs or pursue non-degree coursework.