Advanced Certificate and Non-Degree Application Checklist
Please follow these steps to complete your application. If you have any questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Offered in the Fall semester and the Spring semester
- Online applications must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. U.S. Eastern Time on the day of the deadline. Any mailed application material must be postmarked by the deadline date.
- Applicants seeking merit-based aid are encouraged to complete the application early in the cycle as awarding becomes more competitive throughout the year.
- You may complete and submit your online application at any time before the deadline. Save your work before moving to the next page and print a copy for your own records.
We require you to certify that the essays you submit are entirely your own original work. If necessary, use of proper references and quotes is permissible. The use of artificial intelligence tools is only permissible for providing assistance with spelling and grammar. Please be aware that if it is discovered that the submitted essays do not meet this requirement, we retain the right to revoke your admission.
Advanced Certificate Essay
Describe how pursuing an Advanced Certificate will help you achieve your professional development goals. (500 words)
Describe how completing one or more NYU Wagner courses will help you achieve your professional development goals. (500 words)
Please provide us with an up-to-date resume that includes your education and employment history. Your resume should include your employment and professional history in reverse chronological order and should indicate the dates of attendance and degree(s) earned.
If you do not have professional work experience, please include information on any internships and part-time employment in your resume. If your employment status changes after you apply, you must provide an updated resume.
We encourage you to include information about the following additional activities:
- Volunteer, public service, political, and/or civic work you have done;
- Academic and professional honors, honorary societies, leadership and service awards;
- Other professional activities;
- Relevant publications; and/or
- Extracurricular activities
Students entering a master's program, advanced certificate, or non-degree program are required to hold a four-year bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in the U.S. or an equivalent degree from a foreign country.
Graduating Seniors may apply for admission to NYU Wagner prior to degree completion. If an offer of admission is made and accepted, you must submit your final transcript with all grades and the date of degree conferral prior to enrollment and by the deadline established by the NYU Registrar’s Office.
Transcripts submitted through the online application must meet the following criteria:
- Unofficial transcripts are required from all colleges or universities attended in which you earned grades and/or academic credits at the college level, including undergraduate, transfer credits, continuing education, etc.
- Unofficial transcripts are accepted for the review process. All transcripts uploaded by the applicant are considered unofficial.
- In order for a transcript to be considered official, it must be received directly from the institution or an official third-party transcript provider such as those available through eSCRIP-SAFE, Parchment, and National Student Clearinghouse, etc.
- Transcripts must show all courses taken, all credits earned, and all grades received.
- Transcripts must include your full legal name and the name of the college or university attended.
- Transcripts must be written in English.
- Word documents and HTML documents are not acceptable.
International Credential Evaluation Requirement
If you received an undergraduate degree from an institution located outside of the United States or Canada, we require that you use a third-party international credential evaluation service to assess U.S. bachelor’s equivalency and evaluation of your grade point average. NYU Wagner will only accept international evaluation reports from NACES-approved agencies. You can find the full list here.
- Applicants must select a course-by-course evaluation to be completed by one of the approved NACES.org evaluation service providers.
- When completing your NYU Wagner application, upload both unofficial transcripts from the degree-granting institution(s) and a copy of your international credential evaluation report from an approved evaluation service.
- All applicants who are required to submit an international credential evaluation, are eligible to receive an application fee waiver to apply to NYU Wagner. Once your NYU Wagner application is submitted and the international credential evaluation is received, your application fee waiver will be waived. Do not pay the application before the waiver is applied, as we will not be able to issue a refund.
International Credential Evaluation (ICE) Waivers
Applicants who obtained their bachelor's degree outside of the U.S. or Canada must submit an International Credential Evaluation from an approved organization such as WES or Span Tran, listed on NACES.org. Evaluations for Graduate degrees earned from institutions outside the U.S and Canada are recommended, but not required.
Students with degrees from institutions based in the United States that operate degree-granting branch campuses in another country are exempt from this requirement.
We do not require an evaluation for a study abroad semester.
Please contact email@example.com for questions or clarification. If you meet the criteria for an ICE waiver, this requirement will be waived upon submission of your application, no formal request is needed.
An $85 application fee is required to process your application for admission.
Pay by credit card
When you arrive at the Application Status page after you submit your application, you will see the option to submit a credit card payment. Follow the instructions to complete your payment.
Fee waiver eligibility
Please review the items below and indicate if any of the following apply to you.
Fee waivers are granted for the following:
- Current NYU Undergrad
- AmeriCorps Members
- Bonner Foundation Members
- City Year Members
- McNair Scholar Participants
- Peace Corps Volunteers
- Rangel Graduate Fellows
- Teach For America (TFA) Participants
- Truman Scholar Participants
- Public Policy and International Affairs (PPIA) Fellows
- Pickering Fellow Recipients
- New York Police Department
- ICE Requirement
- Financial Hardship
- Military Affiliation
- HBCU or HSI
- NYU or NYU Langone Employee
- NYU Alumni
If you qualify for an application fee waiver, please do not submit your payment. The Admissions Office will contact you regarding your fee waiver status. We can not refund payments once they have been received.
International students may have additional application components. Please review the International Applicant checklist for a complete and comprehensive list
We encourage international students to apply earlier in the cycle so that admitted students have ample time to arrange student visas.