Leadership Program for Ghanaian Women Leaders in Civil Society
NYU Wagner's Research Center for Leadership in Action and Fundación Mujeres por África are now accepting applications for the Ghanaian Women’s Social Leadership Program.
The one-year leadership development program is for women working in mid-level positions in civil society organizations or on public and social issues in Ghana. The women selected this year will be part of the program’s inaugural cohort, which kicks off in October 2013.
The program offers participants:
- Two week-long intensive leadership institutes in Ghana and New York City;
- Presentations by international and Ghanaian experts in leadership and management;
- Hands-on, interactive workshops that offer opportunities for reflection, peer learning, team building and planning;
- Expert coaching and support during the design and execution of an action-learning project in a home organization or community;
- Program training, lodging and travel expenses covered by the program;
- A network of dynamic women leaders in Ghanaian civil society; and
- Robust knowledge and skills for advancing community change.
The deadline to apply has been extended to noon EST on Friday, June 14, 2013.