A Letter from Woody Tasch: Slow Money Alliance National Gathering

The following is a letter that Woody Tasch, former speaker in the NYU Reynolds Speakers Series, wrote to us this week. You can view Tasch’s speech from the series online here.

——————————————————————————————————–

131-tasch.jpgTo my friends at the NYU Reynolds Program,

I write with the same vision as always–bringing money back down to earth and bringing respect back to earthworms–through Slow Money’s principle aim to increase investments in small food enterprises and local food systems.

For those of you who attended my talk at the Speaker Series event in the fall, you heard me mention a National Gathering we held in Santa Fe last September, and for those of you who didn’t, I can tell you it had a profound effect on where Slow Money finds itself today in terms of wealth of support, members, exposure, and ideas.

This year, we’ve decided to host a second annual gathering June 9-11 at the gorgeous Shelburne Farms, Vermont in the hopes that we match the enthusiasm and success of last year’s occasion.

126-IMG_3107-thumb-331x220-75.jpg

We’ve confirmed an inspiring group of speakers I know will appeal to the Reynolds 
group, including Bill McKibben, founder of 350.org, Stonyfield Farms’ Gary Hirshberg, Robert Zevin, the ‘father‘ of the socially responsible investment movement, and Joel Salatin of Polyface Farms, made famous by Michael Pollan’s Omnivore’s Dilemma and the film Food, 
Inc.

I very much appreciate all of the support that the Reynolds family has provided us with from Slow Money’s beginning and I sincerely hope some of you will make your way out to our event.

Additional information can be found at the event website: http://www.slowmoneyalliance.org/national-gathering.html

NYU folks will receive a 20% discount; enter code “nyu” to register for the gathering alone or “nyu+dinner” if you would like to attend the Friday evening farm table dinner celebration as well.

Another sincere thanks, look forward to seeing some of you soon.

Woody Tasch