How do I submit official transcript information from a non-U.S. school?

When reviewing your credentials we will need to know the courses you completed, the grades/evaluations you received for those classes, and that you were awarded your degree. This means that you should submit original official transcripts (with courses and grades noted) which also indicate your degree conferral. If your transcripts do not indicate the awarding of your degree, you should submit a copy of your diploma along with your official transcripts.

If your institution does not issue transcripts as defined above, you must submit a letter, in a sealed envelope, from the institution stating its policy.

If you cannot obtain transcripts directly from the institution and you possess an original transcript, you may submit copies which have been certified by an appropriate embassy or consulate in the institution's country. To ensure the validity of the institution's transcripts, you should follow these steps:

  1. Submit your original transcripts to the embassy or consulate.
  2. Ask the embassy or consulate to copy the transcript and stamp each page of the copy verifying its authenticity.
  3. Ask the embassy or consulate to provide you with one sealed envelope containing the verified transcript. The back of the envelope should contain the embassy or consular officer signature to reflect the unaltered, true contents.
  4. Submit the unopened envelope and a photocopy of the degree conferral and/or diploma with your application.

To learn more about the application process for international students, visit International Applicants.