- PADM-GP 2902 Introduction to Econometrics (or equivalent)
All doctoral students are required to complete the following:
- PHD-GP 5902, Research Methods (first fall semester)
- PADM-GP.2172 Advanced Empirical Methods for Policy Analysis (first fall semester)
- PHD-GP 5905, NYU Wagner Qualitative Research Methods (first spring semester)
- PHD-GP 5910, PHD-GP 5911 NYU Wagner Research Colloquium
All doctoral students must also complete one research methodology module and one theoretical frameworks module leading to the third-year paper.
In addition, students choose other courses based on their fields of study and research interests, and in consultation with their Faculty Advisor. While students only take the Research Colloquium for credit for two semesters, regular attendance and participation is expected throughout the degree.
Seventy-two (72) credits are required for the doctoral degree with a G.P.A. of 3.3/B+ or better average. At a minimum, 32 credits of coursework must be completed at NYU Wagner and/or other graduate divisions of NYU. Of these 32 points, at least 16 must be other than the Core or introductory level courses. In most cases, students may transfer up to a maximum of 40 points of relevant coursework from their masters programs. Note that the courses to be applied to the Ph.D. must be approved by the Doctoral Program Director.