What is the Ellen Schall Experience Fund and what are the eligibility requirements?
Each year NYU Wagner awards up to 25 students with $7,500 stipends to take on unpaid, full-time, public service summer internships.
Past ESEF recipients interned at public service organizations in all sectors and several industries around the world. Through these positions, more than 95% of the ESEF Fellows were able to clarify their career goals, expand their professional networks, gain important skills and apply classroom lessons in a professional context.
ESEF Applicants must be NYU Wagner students (including international students in lawful F-1 or J-1 status sponsored by NYU) and meet all of the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled (and taking classes) in an MPA, MUP, or Executive MPA program at NYU Wagner.
- A continuing student who has completed at least six NYU Wagner credits prior to April 2020 (This credit requirement does not apply to EMPA students).
- In good academic standing at NYU Wagner with a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- Confirmed to work in an unpaid, degree relevant full-time (35+ hrs/wk) summer internship for at least 10 weeks between May 2020 and September 2020. Students who are taking international summer courses can intern for a minimum of 8 weeks.
The ESEF is not open to:
- Students graduating before or in September 2020.
Students working in internships for fewer than 35 hours per week.
- BA/MPA and BA/MUP students who have not yet matriculated into NYU Wagner.
- Students receiving compensation exceeding $500 (including travel/food stipends) for any summer 2020 internship.
- Students taking a gap year or leave of absence in academic year 2020-2021.
For more information about the Ellen Schall Experience Fund and for instructions on how to apply, please visit https://wagner.nyu.edu/portal/students/careers/internships/experience