What is the Ellen Schall Experience Fund and what are the eligibility requirements?
Each year, NYU Wagner awards a quarter million dollars - in the form of $5,000 stipends - to 50 students who have taken on degree relevant and career advancing unpaid summer internships!
Past ESEF recipients (Fellows) interned at public service organizations in all sectors and several industries around the world. Through these positions, more than 95% of the Fellows were able to clarify their career goals, expand their professional networks, gain important skills and apply classroom lessons in a professional context.
ESEF Applicants must be NYU Wagner students (including international students in lawful F-1 or J-1 status sponsored by NYU) and meet all of the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled (and taking classes) in an MPA, MUP or Executive MPA program at Wagner
- A continuing student who has completed six (6) Wagner credits prior to applying for the ESEF • EMPA Students can apply in their first semester at Wagner
- In good academic standing at Wagner, with a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Confirmed to work in an unpaid, degree relevant full-time (35+ hrs/wk) summer internship for at least 10 weeks between the upcoming May and September. • Students who are taking international summer courses can intern for a minimum of 8 weeks.
The ESEF is not open to:
- Students graduating before or in the upcoming May
- BA/MPA and BA/MUP students who have not yet matriculated into Wagner
- Students receiving compensation exceeding $500 (including travel/food stipends) for any Summer 2014 internship
For more information about the Ellen Schall Experience Fund and for instructions on how to apply, please visit http://wagner.nyu.edu/careers/resources/public-service-internships