How do I change my specialization?

MPA and MUP students are required to choose their specialization during the semester in which they complete their 12th credit. For full-time students, this is their first semester and for part-time students, it is usually their second semester.

To declare a specialization, complete the Specialization Declaration Form, which which can be found on the Forms page of the Wagner website.

Students wishing to switch programs (for example, from Health Policy and Management to Public and Nonprofit Management and Policy) should reach out to the administrator of their intended program. Additionally, they must write up a memo explaining their rationale for the change and how the new program will better fit their academic and career objectives and send to for review.

Faculty pages with office hours can be found here:

Program administrator walk-in hours can be found here: