DEMOCRACY IS NOT A SPECTATOR SPORT!
In this fight for our democracy, VOTE 2020 has three goals:
1. to encourage everyone in the NYU community to vote
2. to enable community members to find volunteer opportunities to ensure greater voter engagement across the country
3. to fund students to work for non-partisan, get-out-the-vote operations.
Over 50% of the NYU community did not vote in the last election. Now with only a few weeks until the presidential election, we are even more committed to increasing NYU’s voter turnout and civic engagement beyond the vote. Join the Wagner community as we work together to defend and extend our democracy. For additional information and opportunities email email@example.com!
- Sign the VOTE 2020 Pledge to think, work and engage beyond the vote.
- Vote with Wagner through Motivote, a community platform that helps you create a voting plan while recruiting friends and competing for prizes.
- Apply to GenVoteNYU's Election Protection Corps. Accepted applicants will engage in virtual and on-the-ground poll watching on November 3.
- Find your on-campus political community: NYU Democrats, NYU Republicans, NYU Politics Society
- For more university-wide events and resources check out NYU Votes.
The VOTE 2020 initiative is sponsored by Wagner SEAD a coalition of NYU Wagner faculty, staff, and students dedicated to upholding and strengthening our democracy.