LEAD Initiative Democracy Project
DEMOCRACY IS NOT A SPECTATOR SPORT!
In this fight for our democracy, the LEAD Initiative Democracy Project has three goals:
1. to fund students to work for non-partisan, get-out-the-vote, pro-democracy, and voting rights organizations.
2. to enable community members to find volunteer opportunities to ensure greater voter engagement across the country.
3. to encourage everyone in the NYU community to vote.
GET INVOLVED IN DEMOCRACY WORK:
Voting rights are meaningless without voter access, but renewed attacks on both are advancing at the state level. Moreover, major local elections will take place this year in New Jersey, Virginia, and New York City. This is an exciting time to be involved in election campaigns, election policy, non-partisan efforts to defend and deepen our democracy.
- Parke Democracy Fellowship with the Brennan Center (Wagner students)
- LEAD Initiative Democracy Fellowships (All NYU students)
- Ellen Schall Experience Fund (Wagner students)
For additional info, see the Funded Fellowships tab below.
ADDITIONAL GOTV OPPORTUNITIES:
The LEAD Initiative Democracy Project is sponsored by Wagner SEAD a coalition of NYU Wagner faculty, staff, and students dedicated to upholding and strengthening our democracy.