David Bohnett Public Service Fellowship
The Bohnett Fellowship, sponsored by the David Bohnett Foundation, allows outstanding masters students the opportunity to engage in the challenges of governing at the city level.
The Bohnett Fellowship Program provides a full tuition scholarship, as well as a $7,500 summer stipend and internship opportunity for two incoming MPA or MUP students each academic year.
Bohnett Fellows network with mayors from across the country and Bohnett Fellows from other schools when they attend the annual winter meeting of the U.S. Conference of Mayors in Washington DC accompanied by a faculty. Fellows also participate in a summer internship at the highest levels of NYC government or in the Mayor's office of another US city through the US Conference of Mayors, which has an ongoing partnership with NYU Wagner.
- An explicit interest in working for municipal governments to solve our most urgent social issue.
- Highly articulate in both speaking and writing
HOW TO APPLY
- Submit your Fellowship Application Essay along with your online application to NYU Wagner. Fellowship applicants must also submit the one-minute video essay in order to be considered for fellowship. The deadline for Fall 2022 fellowship applications is November 29, 2021.
- Those selected as fellowship semi-finalists will be invited to participate in Zoom interviews in early-to-mid February 2022.
- Those selected as fellowship finalists will be invited for a virtual interview with the Selection Committee in early March 2022. This panel of judges will be comprised of representatives from sponsoring organizations, faculty and NYU Wagner alumni.
The David Bohnett Foundation
The mission of the David Bohnett Foundation is to improve society through social activism. David Bohnett is a philanthropist and technology entrepreneur.