MPA-MD APPLICATION CHECKLIST
Please follow these steps to complete your application. If you have any questions, contact email@example.com.
Online applications must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. U.S. Eastern Time on the day of the deadline. Any mailed application material must be postmarked by the deadline date.
We recommend submitting your application earlier in the cycle as admission becomes more competitive throughout the year.
You may complete and submit your online application at any time before the deadline. Save your work before moving to the next page and print a copy for your own records.
The MPA-MD dual degree program allow you to pursue an MD from the NYU School of Medicine and an MPA degree in Health Policy and Management from NYU Wagner. The program can be completed in five years.
- Years 1-3 in residence at the NYU School of Medicine
- Fourth year in residence at NYU Wagner (can start during summer of the 3rd year)
- Fifth year with one semester at each school
Prospective students who are interested in the MPA-MD program should first apply and be admitted to NYU School of Medicine. Once admitted to the medical school, you are encouraged to apply to NYU Wagner during your third year of the MD program. Students admitted to the dual-degree program will begin courses at NYU Wagner during their fourth year at NYU.
To submit your application, applicants must take the following steps:
- Refer to the MPA application checklist and submit a complete NYU Wagner MPA application (Health Policy and Management program only) for full-time enrollment by the application deadline. Part-time applicants are not eligible for this dual- degree program.
- On your NYU Wagner application form, indicate that you are applying for a dual-degree program by selecting “Yes” under the Dual Degree section on the Program Information page. Then select the particular dual degree program to which you are applying in the next question.
- In your application to Wagner, use Essay 1 to support your rationale for applying to the dual-degree program.