MPA-MD APPLICATION CHECKLIST
Please follow these steps to complete your application. If you have any questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: December 2, 2019
The online application is due at 11:59pm Eastern Time on the deadline date. You may complete and submit your online application at any time before the deadline. Save your work before moving to the next page and print a copy for your own records. Please note that all required fields are marked with an asterisk (*).
Applicants are required to submit all parts of the application by the deadline. Incomplete applications are reviewed as-is.
Applications submitted after the published deadlines are reviewed at the discretion of the Graduate Admissions Committee.
The MPA-MD dual degree program allow you to pursue an MD from the NYU School of Medicine and an MPA degree in Health Policy and Management from NYU Wagner. The program can be completed in five years.
- Years 1-3 in residence at the NYU School of Medicine
- Fourth year in residence at NYU Wagner (can start during summer of the 3rd year)
- Fifth year with one semester at each school
Prospective students who are interested in the MPA-MD program should first apply and be admitted to NYU Medical School. Once admitted to the medical school, you are encouraged to apply to NYU Wagner during your third year of study. Students admitted to the dual degree program will begin courses at NYU Wagner during their fourth year.
To submit your application, applicants must take the following steps:
- Submit a complete NYU Wagner MPA application (HPAM concentration only) for full-time, Fall 2020 admission by the December 2, 2019. Part-time applicants are not eligible for the MPA-MD degree program.
- Submit the online NYU Wagner MPA application by December 1. In your online application form, indicate that you are applying for a dual degree program by selecting “Yes” under the Dual Degree section on the Program Information page. Then select the particular dual degree program to which you are applying in the next question.
- In your application materials, use Essay 1 to support your rationale for the dual degree.