MPA-JD OR MUP-JD APPLICATION CHECKLIST
Please follow these steps to complete your application. If you have any questions, contact email@example.com.
Applications for the MPA/JD or MUP/JD dual degree program are only available during the Fall intake.
Online applications must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. U.S. Eastern Time on the day of the deadline. Any mailed application material must be postmarked by the deadline date.
We recommend submitting your application earlier in the cycle as admission becomes more competitive throughout the year.
You may complete and submit your online application at any time before the deadline. Save your work before moving to the next page.
The dual MPA-JD or MUP-JD degree program allows you to pursue simultaneously a JD from the NYU School of Law and an MPA or MUP from NYU Wagner. The dual MPA-JD or MUP-JD degree program at NYU Wagner and NYU School of Law can be completed in four years (33 credits at NYU Wagner/71 credits at the NYU School of Law):
- First year in residence at the NYU School of Law
- Second year in residence at the NYU School of Law
- Third year in residence at NYU Wagner
- Fourth year with one semester at each school
Current NYU Law students in their first or second year of study should submit the complete NYU Wagner application for their desired program.
New applicants to NYU should complete the dual application process below, applying separately to NYU Law and NYU Wagner:
- Submit the online NYU Wagner MPA or MUP application by the Fall deadline, following the relevant application checklist.
- On your NYU Wagner application form, indicate that you are applying for a dual-degree program by selecting “Yes” under the Dual Degree section on the Program Information page. Then select the particular dual-degree program to which you are applying in the next question.
- In your application to Wagner, use Essay 1 to support your rationale for applying to the dual-degree program.
- Also submit your application to the NYU School of Law using either the LSAC Application Service or the NYU Direct Application, and indicate that you are applying to the dual-degree program.
Note: Failure to complete all required components will result in an incomplete dual degree application and may delay your admissions decision.