ZOOM IN THE CLASSROOM
The videos from Wagner students, plus the resources and contacts below, will help you get the most out of your online course experience and using Zoom.
Learn the ins and outs of classroom etiquette—from minimizing background noise to choosing your workspace.
LOOKING AND SOUNDING YOUR BEST
Perfect your audio and video ahead of the semester.
HOSTING A GROUP MEETING
Check out the best practices for hosting a group meeting on Zoom before you start capstone or a group project.
Wagner students break down what it means to participate in the virtual classroom, covering hand raising, small group discussions, and everything in between.
Thank you to Lara Fu (MPA-PNP), Darren Jones (MPA-PNP), Phil Kehoe (MPA-PNP), Katherine Key (MUP), Joelle Miller (MUP), Courtney Sams (MPA-PNP), and Sushant Thomas (HPAM).
RESOURCES AND CONTACTS
- Zoom: Getting Started How to install and activate Zoom at NYU.
- Zoom Video Tutorials A comprehensive library of training videos from Zoom, covering technical topics through step-by-step demonstrations.
- NYU IT Zoom Resource Hub NYU IT's hub for technical guides, videos, and updates related to Zoom and remote learning.
- System Requirements for the Zoom Application Requirements for using Zoom on Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- Tips for Recording Yourself NYU Media Production's best practices for recording yourself are applicable for classes, interviews, and presentations.
- Live Training Webinars from Zoom Free training webinars with Zoom experts.
- NYU Zoom Support NYU IT Service Desk is available to answer your zoom questions 24x7 at email@example.com or 212-998-3333.
Information about Accessibility
- Moses Center for Student Accessibility The Moses Center is hub for resources, announcements, and useful contacts. Accessibility Specialists are available Monday through Friday. To request a meeting email firstname.lastname@example.org and an Accessibility Specialist will reach out to you.
- Zoom Accessibility FAQs Zoom's frequently asked accessibility questions cover topics including, screen readers, accessibility-related keyboard shortcuts, and font settings.