Appointments, DROP-IN HOURS, and INTRO TO OCS Sessions
OCS Staff are ready to support you in your professional development. Meet with us to:
- Explore career tracks and clarify your goals
- Craft your job search strategy
- Perfect your pitch
- Search for your next job or internship
- Prepare for your interviews
- Negotiate your job offers
Schedule an individualized 30-minute career advising appointment by following these steps:
- Login to the Wagner Career Directory
- On the righthand side of your home page, scroll down to the Appointments section and click “Request an Appointment with a Career Advisor"
- Use any desired filters (or leave them all blank to see all available appointment times) then click “Check Availability”
- Click on the name of the career advisor for your desired appointment time
- Select the ‘Type’ field (Phone/Virtual/In Person) as applicable, and provide as much detail as possible in the last box, then click “Submit Request”
What You Need to Know: Appointments fill up quickly! Schedule an appointment at least one week before you’d like to meet with an advisor. In person appointments will only be available for current students during Fall 2021 until further notice (given current public health guidelines at NYU).
Incoming Students: You will receive access to request appointments on your first day of classes.
Please schedule a 30-minute career advising appointment by following the above steps and logging into the Wagner Career Directory. Current students can also meet in person and visit weekly drop-ins (in person) during the Fall semester. Students and alumni can also reach out with time-sensitive needs or questions by emailing us (firstname.lastname@example.org). Additional advising availability and career resources may be available with our Graduate Student Career Development team partners at NYU Wasserman (email@example.com). And don't forget to connect to current NYU Wagner students, alumni, and faculty on LinkedIn and NYU's Violet Network here.
Drop-In Hours (Fall and Spring Semesters for Current Students)
Have a quick question for us? Come to our in-person drop-in hours for 10-15 minute resume and cover letter critiques, time-sensitive inquiries, and LinkedIn profile audits.
- Tuesdays: 3:00 – 5:00pm ET
- Thursdays: 4:00 – 6:00pm ET
What You Need to Know: Drop-in hours sessions are conducted on a first come, first served basis. Sign up in the OCS Resource Room (Puck Building, Rm. 2113). Drop-in hours for the fall semester begin on Tuesday, September 7 and continue through Tuesday, December 14.
Intro to OCS Sessions
Conducted during the first few weeks of each semester, these sessions give you a jumpstart on the best way for you to use career services while at NYU Wagner.
What You Need to Know: These are small group sessions with limited capacity. Register through the Wagner Career Directory in the Events tab under Workshops.