All doctoral students are required to complete the following:
- PHD-GP 5902, Research Methods (first fall semester)
- PADM-GP.2172 Advanced Empirical Methods (first fall semester)
- PHD-GP 5905, NYU Wagner Qualitative Research Methods (first spring semester)
- PHD-GP 5910, NYU Wagner Research Colloquium
- PHD-GP 5911, NYU Wagner Research Colloquium
All doctoral students must also complete one research methodology module and one theoretical frameworks module leading to the third-year paper.
The remainder of coursework is selected in consultation with the student's advisor.